While most dental procedures can be accomplished by your regular dentist, oral diseases, trauma, TMJ disorders, and other types of surgery must be performed by a qualified oral surgeon.
Our oral surgeons are licensed in dentistry and receive additional years of training in various specialties such as cosmetic surgery, reconstruction, or craniofacial surgery.
Oral surgery encompasses procedures performed on the face, jaw, neck and skull, and involves:
- Removal of impacted teeth
- Other tooth extractions where a patient's other conditions must be taken into account
- Removal of cysts and tumors from the mouth and in some cases, the neck area
- Treatment of cleft condition, either of the palate or the tongue
- Reconstructive surgery to correct one's bite
- Repair of cheek, jaw, eye socket and nose fractures
- Dental implants, in the case of the implant being fused to the bone
- Treatment of sleep apnea
- Treatment of disorders that result in face pain
If you've been suffering from any of the above maladies, you may be a candidate for oral surgery. To consult a surgeon or schedule an appointment call Periodontal Specialties today.